Monday 9 February 2009

i couldn't make this stuff up

4 February

So over the last couple of days people have been saying some great stuff to me. Here are some clips.

While eating lunch. Enter two girls wearing some nice dresses. One of the guys I'm eating with says to me (in English): “Ah, yes. The African girls. You are wanting to send one home?”

In a tchouck stand (think grass hut with people drinking beer-ish stuff [tchouck] out of half-cocoanuts [calabashes]) Monsieur Walla, as he told me to call him, and I are discussing life in general. After a long conversation and two calabashes of tchouck he concludes with: “Les belles femmes sont tres dangereus”

And last but far from least. This one goes out to Dave, Eric, and those Canadian kids we met in Prague.

Guy: “Tu viens de où?”
me: “America”
guy: “you are coming from America?”
me: “yes”
guy: “you are an American man?”
me: “yes”
guy: “you are coming from Washington?”
me: “no”
guy: “Chicago?”
me: “no”
guy: “Los Angeles?”
me: “no”
guy: “Canada?”

Yep... America's hat.

2 comments:

Nolan said...

My quote from today: "Ahh Marge its 'Night Boat' the crime solving boat!"

WHITE WINE SPRITZER, SPRITZER, SPRITZER, SPRITZER !!

Unknown said...

HAHA... these little vignettes you post are amazing. does that translate to "beautiful women are dangerous"? love it.

by the way, if i ever get enough money to come visit, you need to take me to a tchouck stand. i need to drink out of a coconut.